Inside the world of Groups
Here at Netflights.com we have a brand new dedicated ‘Groups’ team for when you're booking ten or more passengers. We'll provide you with the very best service and can ensure that what could be a daunting process will go as smoothly as possible.
What qualifies as a 'group' booking?
Any booking that involves ten or more passengers travelling together should be booked through the Groups team.
What does the Groups team do?
The Groups team arrange travel for all sorts of passengers including school trips, stag and hen trips, family holidays, church groups, cheerleading squads, sporting groups, choirs, touring groups, coach trips, dance troops and charity volunteers. We will arrange everything from flights, hotels, transfers, day trips, restaurants, meeting rooms and private dinners.
What are the benefits of booking through the Groups team?
- Flexibility: We can secure your customers’ travel arrangements with low deposits, names are not required straight away, and name changes are permitted on bookings.
- One-stop-shop: We are one team dealing with your booking from start to finish. We handle all changes and amendments ourselves.
- Professional: With a combined experience of almost 40 years at Netflights.com, the team will take care of your group booking in a friendly and professional manner.
- Administration: A dedicated Groups Administrator is available to collate all documentation.
Commonly asked questions
How many passengers do I need to have to contact the Groups team?
- 10 passengers or more would normally constitute a group booking. Give us a call and we can advise airline or product specific.
How many airlines can we get group rates on?
- We have access to rates and handle group bookings for the majority of scheduled airlines that Netflights.com deal with.
Are there any airlines we can't do group bookings with?
- Netflights do not offer group rates at the moment on low cost carriers or charter airlines. However, call us and let our consultants offer you an alternative quote.
What sort of group bookings have we arranged before?
- In the past we have handled all sorts of weird and wonderful group bookings including brass bands and orchestras, sports teams, school trips, incentive and charity groups, large family holidays, leisure and business groups, stag and hen parties and golfing groups.
What sort of group bookings would we organise?
- Anything is possible as long as it is a group. Group bookings do not just have to be flights, we can arrange accommodation, transfers and tours for group bookings, whether they are stand alone or as part of a package.
What is the largest group organised by the team?
- Of course, the minimum group size handled is 10 but we have handled group bookings in excess of 200. No size is a problem, space permitting.
What is the expected process time for a group quote?
- This is very much dependant on the airline or the product you are waiting for a quote on. We like to turn air quotes around within 24 hours (with the exception of British Airways - quotes can be given whilst on the phone.) if ground elements are involved and a few airlines, things can take a little longer but we like to quote initially within 72 hours.
What kind of ground elements can be arranged by the Groups team?
- Groups have access to the same product that is available to all netflights customer agents. We are able to source group rates on hotels, transfers, overland tours, day trips and excursions, tickets and events and coach holidays. Give us a call and we can get that special rate for you.
Do the Groups team offer a concierge service on bookings?
- Yes, we are able to assist with in destination things like meet and greet, meeting and function room bookings and dinner receptions. Just ask and we will make enquiries for you... its all part of the service.
Who handles special assistance and seating for group bookings?
- We do and this is handled by the consultant that made your booking. Many airlines will allow us to allocate block seating on bookings and we are able to arrange this for you. However, be aware that seats will not normally be allocated until check-in on the day, this is a standard procedure. We are able to arrange special needs that would be associated with a group booking.
Do I need to provide names and pay in full at the time of booking?
- This is very much dependant on the airline or supplier. Some will require deposits at the time of booking with names advised and balance payments made eight weeks prior to travel. Some of our partners can be flexible with name deadlines. For airlines that do not honour fuel surcharges, it is recommended that full payment is made at the time of booking to avoid any increase in either fare or tax. In this scenario, the right to alter and amend names would be waived. For ground bookings, it is best to check on a case-by case as a lot of our partners have different policies.