Air Miles and Alliances - Turkish Airlines
Turkish Airlines is part of the Star Alliance; founded in 1997, the alliance was established by Air Canada, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, United Airlines and Thai Airways. The Star Alliance has grown considerably since then; there are now 27 member airlines, boasting a total of 21,200 daily departures. These flights arrive at 1,160 different airports in 181 countries, carrying over 600 million passengers each year.
Airline members of the Star Alliance are currently:
- Adria Airways, based in Slovenia
- Aegean Airlines, based in Greece
- Air Canada, based in Canada
- Air China, based in China
- Air New Zealand, based in New Zealand
- ANA, based in Japan
- Asiana Airlines, based in South Korea
- Austrian Airlines, based in Austria
- Blue1, based in Finland
- BMI, based in the UK
- Brussels Airlines, based in Belgium
- Continental Airlines, based in the USA
- Croatia Airlines, based in Croatia
- EgyptAir, based in Egypt
- Lufthansa, based in Germany
- LOT Polish Airlines, based in Poland
- Scandinavian Airlines, based in Denmark, Norway and Sweden
- Singapore Airlines, based in Singapore
- South African Airways, based in South Africa
- Spanair, based in Spain
- Swiss International Air Lines, based in Switzerland
- TAM Airlines, based in Brazil
- TAP Portugal, based in Portugal
- Thai Airways International, based in Thailand
- United Airlines, based in the USA
- US Airways, based in the USA
Passengers flying on a flight operated by any Star Alliance partner can earn miles towards Star Alliance benefits as well as earning miles on whichever airline miles scheme they are part of, according to the rules of the individual airlines. Passengers can work towards Star Alliance Silver and Gold Status, gaining benefits such as airport lounge access, priority check-in, preferred seating and priority reservations when wait-listing.
By earning miles through the Turkish Airlines miles scheme, Miles&Smiles, passengers can also become Star Alliance Silver or Gold Status members to gain additional benefits.
Callout Background Image
Passengers who fly with Turkish Airlines on a regular basis may wish to join the Mikes&Smiles scheme – the airline’s frequent flyer club. Miles are awarded to passengers according to the miles flown, the cabin flown in and the type of ticket purchased; allowing passengers to move through the four tiers of the Miles&Smiles scheme.
Passengers start in the Classic membership tier, and can move through Classic Plus and Elite levels to attain top (Elite Plus) status. Benefits of the club include priority check-in and boarding, complimentary upgrades, excess baggage allowances, lounge access and a personal reservations service.
Turkish Airlines flies to a huge number of international and United States destinations including: