Centara Karon Resort, Phuket - In the Know
Centara Karon Resort offers a number of ways to make your stay extra special – if you know about them!
Here are our insider’s secrets for the hotel:
- Karon Beach is Phuket’s second largest, with sand so fine that it squeaks when you walk on it.
- The best place to watch sunset is on the southernmost point of the island, Phrom Thep Cape.
- The tradition is to take your shoes off when entering Thai homes and shops. Look for piles of them outside the door to see if it’s a habit that’s been followed.
- If you are going to visit a Bhuddist temple, make sure you are properly dressed. Shorts and sleeveless tops should not be worn. Heads need to be covered.
- If you are going to hire a tuk-tuk, it’s usually cheaper to flag one down than choose one that is parked waiting for customers. And always haggle whatever the quote! 200 baht per 10 km is about right.