Hotel Miramar Singapore - In the Know
The Hotel Miramar Singapore offers a number of ways to make your stay extra special – if you know about them!
Here are our insider’s secrets for the hotel:
- The Hong Lim market is a tasty place to sample a local breakfast, either an Indian roti prata or Chinese teochew porridge.
- Head 131 metres up into the sky to the top of the Carlsberg Sky Tower and (on a clear day) you can see Indonesia and Malaysia on the horizon.
- Have your fortune told by the tellers at the Kwan Im Thong Hood Cho Temple, a Chinese temple built in 1884.
- The Singapore Art Museum on 71 Bras Basah Road has reputedly the best and largest collection of 20th Century South East Asian art. There’s usually plenty of modern art on display too.
- 1500 live butterflies from over 50 species can be found at Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom on Cable Car Road.
- A great way to see Singapore from the river is to take an air-conditioned boat taxi that stops at 16 jetties along the way so you can jump on and off as you like.