Our insiders tips series gives you tips and advice about destinations by people who live and work there. This page is about Singapore.
Magdalena Cheng – Adventurer. Adores Great Food and Fun Times with friends!
1. Best place to have a cocktail in the city – Singapore is a bustling city that spoils everyone with abundant choices! It all depends on your personal taste and for me, I will settle for a cocktail at the “Lantern” at Fullerton Bay Hotel. It is a stylish rooftop bar with a fantastic view of both the world famous Marina Bay and financial district skyline!
2. Where do you love to eat food in Singapore – A recent favourite would be “Esquina” for its creative and delicious tapas! And the atmosphere in this tiny hidden jewel of establishment in the neighborhood filled with charming old shophouses, is exhilarating!
3. Best places to go shopping – For savvy global shopaholics, where else but Orchard Road? It is one of the top 10 shopping streets of the world! Shop till you drop or spend all your money!
4. Best not to miss tourist experience in the city – For those who love fun? The undisputed choice is “Ku de Ta” at the Marina Bay Sands! I bring all my friends visiting Singapore here, for its lovely sunset view that is breathtaking!
5. What you love to do in the city at the weekend – Take a walk at East Coast Parkway, and enjoy the seaside and fresh air in most relaxed fashion, enjoy sports options and round off the evening, with casual dining in the open air food centre sampling great Singapore local foods!
6. An insider tip – Check out the scene at the many Museums and Art Galleries! Try to drop by the Peranakan Museum at least. You will be surprised with what Singapore has to offer!
Singapore Blog Postings