The USA is a great place to travel but a holiday there can soon get expensive! However if you do a spot of research and plan your days carefully, even the United States can be cheap. So read ahead and enjoy the FREE things that Orlando has to offer:
1) Lake Eola: Orlando’s famous sinkhole, complete with an amazing fountain and nightly light shows – what more could you ask for with a ticket price of zero?!
image from flickr
2) Down Town Disney Board Walk: Some welcome respite from the water and parks dotted around Orlando. The Disney Board Walk boasts awesome lakeside restaurants (although they certainly aren’t free), it is a great place to wander around and unwind. During the day there are countless acrobats, musicians etc. playing their trade too, a must to see.
3) March of the Peabody ducks: A great one for children, if you get yourself to the Peabody Hotel every day at 11am or 5pm, you’ll witness the bizarre sight of the ducks being escorted to and from the duck fountain on their own, special red carpet.
image from flickr
4) Ocala National Forest: Canoeing, camping, hiking or fishing – this forest is one of the most frequented national forests in the entire country, and for good reason. It’s so beautiful and with it’s free entry, you may never want to leave.
5) Fleaworld: The largest flea market in the whole of America. Open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays so make a note in your diary and your weekend will be covered! Funworld is next door too, a kitschy theme park complete with candy floss, coconut stalls and dodgems!
6) Snow Hill Mountain Bike Trail: If you love to be outdoors, this is for you. An awesome, if somewhat testing, trail through ‘Little Big Econ State Forest’. There are less tricky trails too, if you’re not quite up to the adrenaline pumping drops!
7) Orlando Brewing Company: Free tours twice daily (4pm and 6pm), it is a great way to spend a late afternoon. If you smile nicely you might even get a few tester beers.
8) Holocaust Memorial Resource and Education Centre: An important place to visit to ensure past learning’s are never forgotten. Open every day except and Saturdays and always free.
9) Howl at the Moon: This is a money saving gem! This piano bar offers a complimentary buffet every day from 4-6pm, yes please!
10) Chamberlains Market and Café: A bustling market, full of goodies. It offers free classes, guest speakers and seemingly endless samples of free organic food.
Ok, Orlando is waiting for you. You don’t need a fortune to visit here, use these tips in amongst your trips to the various theme parks and you’re sure to have a great, unique time. Happy travels!
For the latest deals on flights and holidays to Orlando use the links below.
Flights to Orlando
London Heathrow to Orlando
Manchester to Orlando
London Gatwick to Orlando
Newcastle to Orlando
Edinburgh to Orlando
Birmingham to Orlando