Privacy & Information on Cookies
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we, Gold Medal Travel Group Plc, trading as Netflights.com, are the Data Controller for this Netflights.com website (the "Site").
You can remove cookies from your computer yourself at any time by accessing the preference panels from your browser’s main menu (usually found under ‘Edit’, ‘Tools’ or ‘Options’). PLEASE NOTE: if you choose not to reove any non-essential cookies, then your continues use of this Site will constitute your implied consent to the non-essential cookies that are set.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide in order to make a travel booking or purchase any other services via this Site
- Information you provide in order to enter a competition or promotion via this Site, complete a survey, or if you report a problem with this Site
- If we ask you for your contact details for future marketing use, although you have the option to opt-out of such use
- Details of transactions you carry out through this Site and of the fulfilment of your bookings
- Details of your visits to this Site (including, but not limited to, traffic data and location data) whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of your email or other correspondence
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising in connection with any contracts entered into between you and us, or between you and a third party supplier.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To provide you with information and offers that we or selected third parties feel may interest you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data for marketing purposes, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006, to relevant third parties who will supply the travel arrangements or other services you request, to Government bodies and other authorities to whom we are legally obliged to pass your data (e.g. border agencies of countries you intend to visit) and to relevant third parties for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking/unticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to: The Trident Centre, Port Way, Ribble Docklands, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2QG, UK.
Our site contains links to and from the websites of our principals, suppliers, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for these 3rd party websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to check that your personal data is being processed lawfully (“subject access right”). Your subject access right can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any subject access request must be made in writing to: Legal & Compliance Dept., Gold Medal Travel Group, The Trident Centre, Port Way, Ribble Docklands, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2QG, and may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of any personal data we hold about you.
EMAIL MARKETING AND OPT OUT
We collect your email address when you complete a booking with Netflights. You are also able to subscribe to our email marketing newsletter on our website. We store your email address and any personal information you have given us on a secure server and we take appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect your data against unauthorised disclosure or processing.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information at any time in the following ways:
1. To opt out of any email communications from us, please click the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the foot of every email we send you. This will automatically remove your email address from any future emails. This is the fastest and most efficient method of opting out
2. If you have previously agreed to us holding or using your personal information for email marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at Netflights Customer Data Analysis, Gold Medal Travel Group Plc, The Trident Centre, Port Way, Ribble Docklands, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2QG, UK, emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0844 692 6792*.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small administration fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Netflights Customer Data Analysis, Gold Medal Travel Group Plc, The Trident Centre, Port Way, Ribble Docklands, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2QG, UK.
If you have registered to receive email marketing from Netflights, we may use measurement techniques so that we can tell how subscribers interact with our emails. This helps us to continue to improve the email marketing service for our subscribers and make sure our emails are as relevant as possible. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is measured then you should opt out of Netflights emails which you can do via the 'unsubscribe' link at the foot of every email we send you or by emailing us at: email@example.com
We take great care in ensuring that any personal information you submit is secure and held securely. The information you submit will only be used for the purposes described in this privacy & security policy.
Information you submit to our website